EREBB Congress: Educating with Hope in Our Heart and Hands
As a member of the Edmund Rice Education Beyond Borders Global Community, you are invited to join the EREBB Congress Journey over the next 18 months and connect with colleagues from across the world. The pandemic led to the cancellation of our much-anticipated 2nd Global Congress which was to be held in Cape Town, South Africa, in 2020.
This Congress Journey enables our global community to come together at significant events and explore our theme:
Educating with Hope in Our Hearts and Hands. You are invited to register now for the EREBB Pre-Congress that will be held 1-3 December 2021. Further information and registration details will be shared closer to the other Congress events.
- EREBB Pre-Congress (Virtual): 1 – 3 December 2021. An online gathering of active members of the EREBB Community.
- EREBB Student Leadership Gathering (Virtual): April 2022. An online gathering of student leaders from Edmund Rice schools.
- EREBB Congress Part 1 (Virtual): May 2022. An online gathering open to all members of Edmund Rice schools and our supporters.
- EREBB Congress Part 2 (In person): April 2023. An in-person gathering of delegates from each of the EREBB regions from around the world. Venue to be determined. An online experience will also be offered.
What to Expect at Congress
Throughout the various Congress events, delegates will have the opportunity to engage in experiences and interactions that:
- Build Global Community: Connect with educators from schools around the world and share experiences, insights and resources.
- Explore Quality Education: Share together and hear from experts about further developing quality education.
- Deepen Faith: Engage in spiritual experiences that deepen faith and connect our world.
- Build Solidarity with the Margins: Develop strategies that further support solidarity with those on the margins of our world.
- Develop Future EREBB Priorities: Contribute to the development of EREBB Priorities and Actions for 2022-2025.
Committed to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
EREBB joins with the global community in working towards the realisation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SDGs were adopted by all Nations in 2015 and provide a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. Our work in education is an essential part of achieving these goals and the SDGs will form an important part of our Congress.