How to participate
Record a personal message to your fellow classmates! This can be a short 1 minute video message or a full-length (maximum 8 minutes) graduation speech – inspirational quotes and all. To participate and have your #graduaTEDtalk featured on ted.com/graduation, or for it to get some love from TED’s social accounts, follow the instructions below.
How to share your video(s)
- Instagram: You can either post a video with a maximum length of 1 minute to your main feed (not to your story), or post a longer video to IGTV. For your message to be shared on our site, the account you share it on needs to be public and your post needs to include the hashtag #graduaTEDtalk or #graduaTEDtalks. Tag anyone you mention in the video!
- Twitter: You can post videos with a maximum length of 2 minutes and 20 seconds. For message(s) to be shared on our site, the account needs to be public and the post needs to include hashtag #graduaTEDtalk or #graduaTEDtalks.
- Facebook: You can post videos with a maximum length of 8 minutes directly to this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GraduaTEDTalks. (Videos you post on your personal pages will not be shared on our site).
- YouTube: You can post videos with a maximum length of 8 minutes to a YouTube channel. Include the hashtag #graduaTEDtalk or #graduaTEDtalks in the title or at the top of the description.
- Tag anyone you mention, or anyone you think should give a #graduaTEDtalk, in your post and direct folks to ted.com/graduation to participate.
- If you are a U.S. high school or college/university graduate: you’re eligible to be selected to present your 2-min speech as part of teenVOGUE’s virtual commencement on May 31! After you post your video, submit it for consideration here: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/virtual-commencement-2020