22 April 2020
Teaching using Basic Mobile Phones
Many schools are faced with the reality that they will need to teach via mobile phones during the pandemic. The following platforms are for use with basic mobile phones.
- Cell-Ed – Learner-centered, skills-based learning platform with offline options.
- Eneza Education – Revision and learning materials for basic feature phones.
- Funzi – Mobile learning service that supports teaching and training for large groups.
- KaiOS – Software that gives smartphone capabilities to inexpensive mobile phones and helps open portals to learning opportunities.
- Ubongo – Uses entertainment, mass media, and the connectivity of mobile devices to deliver localized learning to African families at low cost and scale.
- Ustad Mobile – Access and share educational content offline